Monday, June 11, 2012

Hotel Performance and Swimming

Here are some pictures from the past two days! The kids performance at the hotel was INCREDIBLE and I will try to post those videos ASAP its just hard because the internet is very slow but some of the the pictures are on here. Yesterday i took some of the kids to the Impala Hotel to go swimming. THEY ARE SOOO CUTE IN THE WATER! It has already been such an amazing trip and it keeps getting better. last night, Jonas was looking at all my ear piercings and he asked me "in america, is it true that people do this (as he points to my piercings) in the button? (as he pointed to his belly button) I thought it was so darn cute how he called the belly button "the button"  I adore this little boy so much! I have such high hopes for him. We asked him yesterday where he would want to go first if he went to america he responded  "well... first i would go to new york city to see the statue of liberty (as he tried to pose like her)" I couldnt help myself and had to tell him that for YEARS when I was little, I thought that the torch which she is holding was orange sorbet. He laughed so hard and said "Neema you are too silly" I promised him that ONE DAY, I don't know when or how but ONE DAY I will take him to America. all the kids want to go to america so badly... they say "Neema, you have seen our world. now we want to see yours" Mom and Dad, If you are reading this, buy your plane tickets soon for next summer or for xmas break because they WONT STOP ASKING HOW YOU ARE AND WHEN YOU ARE COMING TO MEET YOU... they refer to you as their bibi and their babu which means grandma and grandma. SO sweet. Last night, Duy, my building/fundraising partner for the new orphanage arrived again and brought two friends with him from Utah. Duy has been here in Tanzania since January and had to go back to America for a few weeks at the beginning of the summer to deal with some passport/visa stuff.. but he is back and brought his friends! Their names are Jordan and Rachelle-- they go to college at Utah State and are KD sorority sisters. They are actually Big and Little in their sorority which is soooo cool that they are here volunteering together. They will be here all summer with us helping to build the kids new home!! Anyways, I am going to go play with the kids right now while Pendo is sleeping. 


love always, Neema 
Joseph, tumaini, james, amani, and baracka before their performance

                Me and the loves of my life. I cant wait to enlarge this photo for my room next year


the kids with their sodas that we got them for practicing for their performance so well!


Jonas and James


Neema, Hellen, Vanessa, Yusta, Joyce, Dorisi and I at the Impala Hotel 



They said, "lets play a game" and I said "ok! what game do you want to play??" they said "its called SPLASH NEEMA!!" and this picture was taken in the process of the game being played. the water was FREEZING 



Me and Hellen 


We had sooo much fun with my underwater camera



the girls acting like "americans" that they see in the movies 

one of them said as she drank the juice I gave her all elegantly, "life is such a breeze..." too funny 


Pendo and me :)


Jonas and I

No comments:

Post a Comment