Wednesday, July 17, 2013

WE DID IT!!!

The "22 in 22" event has ended and we reached our goal of $22,000 in 22 days!!! We are so very appreciative to have had so many people contribute to this project-- thank you guys so much!!! I went out to the new orphanage yesterday to get updates and take pictures and I was AMAZED when I saw the progress that has been made. The first floor walls and rooms have been completed and the second floor slab will be started next week!! While the "22 in 22" event has ended, we would still love to have you spread the word about our work with the Tuleeni Orphanage to all your friends and family and encourage them to donate so that they too can be a part of making the dreams of 84 orphans come true. 

Here are pictures of the construction!! We still have a lot of work to do, but this progress is so exciting! The new orphanage is so large, I could not get it all in one picture, but I got some of the different sides! The holes/spaces in between in the walls are for windows and doors, which will be put in later on! 









Many more to come!!!! 


Other fun story-- Mama Faraji calls me "mwanagu" which means "my child" in Swahili and she tells everyone here that I am her daughter, and about two weeks or so ago, Mama Faraji told the children that since I was her child, they should to call her Bibi, which means grandma, and to call me Mama instead... It was such a special moment for me. We all still call her Mama because we couldn't break that habit, but now, when I walk into the orphanage, all my little babies scream "Hi Mama!!" or "Hi Mama Neema". It is truly amazing to hear them call me Mama, and my heart is filled with joy every time they do it. 

Look for more pictures and stories coming this week!!! 

xoxo love always,
Neema 

No comments:

Post a Comment