Friday, June 15, 2012

More building and fun with Prachi!!

Prachi, my friend who I met last summer with CCS is here with me now!! She was actually the first person I met in the Amsterdam airport before we got to Tanzania last summer. She is here helping build the new orphanage for the next two weeks. The kids gave her a Swahili name like I have. Her name is now Malaika which means angel. It was so funny because when they heard her name was Prachi, they kept calling her "parachichi" which means avocado in swahili... SO funny! Anyways, Malaika and I learned how to carry everything on our heads the other day! I learned how to run with a bucket of water on my head. soooo crazy! Yesterday, the CCS kids came to volunteer all day and help us build the new orphanage! We got a ton done! Here are some great pictures! more tomorrow! xoxo --neema



Ismaeli and me 


Malaika and me carrying small things on our head. I will post the pictures of us carrying water tomorrow :)

Mama Faraji and me



Jonas and Lucky 

some of the CCS volunteers and me


me digging cement.... I did this for hours. literally can't move my arms today

us building

 Malaika and me eating Ugali for lunch at the building site 
 me and my friend Sam Kusin with two of the kids, Jonas and Lucky


All of the volunteers that were working that day

No comments:

Post a Comment